How to order a custom skirt
How to measure your waist size and setback
Waist size- This measurement is used to size the tunnel on your skirt. Measure around your waist at about naval height.
Setback- While your sitting in your boat, get the measurement between your backbone and the inside edge of the cockpit rim. It is easier to have someone help you with this one. This measurement is used to position the tunnel on the deck of your skirt.
How to make a cockpit tracing
To build a custom deck for your skirt we use a cockpit tracing to make a pattern. We have the patterns for many popular kayaks but for newer or custom kayaks we will need your tracing. Follow the instructions below.
- Obtain a piece of paper large enough to cover your cockpit opening. Make it large enough to be taped down, to ensure the paper will not move during tracing.
- Trace the entire inside lip and outside lip of the cockpit rim; make sure it is visible.
- Be sure you indicate the bow on the tracing.
- After tracing is complete remove your tracing paper and write your waist size and setback on the tracing.
- Last but not least, please include on the tracing the name of your boat manufacturer, model and the type of hull material (glass or plastic). Then, send your tracing with your contact information to:
1805 Blevins Branch Rd
Bakersville, NC 28705
If your boat manufacturer is unknown please contact us.
Skirt Cockpit Size
for Preferred Fit
|Cockpit Size Range|
|Tunnel Size||Waist Size|
We have stock skirts in cockpit sizes Large- XXX-Large available for immediate shipping. All other sizes and C-1 skirts are custom built to order. If you do not see your size here please contact Skirtworks. We can build a custom skirt for any kayak!
For more information on sizing your skirt visit SkirtFit.com