Aramid Tough Rim Custom
- This skirt was designed with three things in mind: dryness, implosion resistance, and longevity. Need we say more?
- Tough Rim skirts can be custom built for any whitewater kayak. See How to Order Custom for instructions.
- Deck and tunnel constructed of 3.5mm neoprene with heavy nylon laminate.
- 5.5mm Kevlar casing for superior abrasion resistance where it’s needed the most.
- Half round rubber rand glued to the casing for the highest quality, dry and secure seal.
- All SKIRTWORKS skirts are hand glued and taped for the driest and most secure seams.
- Custom skirt orders are processed in the order that they are received. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for all custom skirt orders.
What you get with a custom rubber rand whitewater spray skirt:
Custom Deck– No more saggy deck! Choose your deck size using the size chart. If you don’t see a size that matches your cockpit dimensions, no problem, choose the custom deck option and send us a cockpit tracing for the perfect fit.
Choose your Fit- Easy Fit is easiest to put on. This fit is good for entry-level paddlers who want a rubber rand skirt. We do not recommend this fit for whitewater greater than class III+. Preferred fit is nice and snug and is the top choice for most whitewater conditions class I-V. Tight Fit is hard to put on! This fit is only intended for the most demanding whitewater conditions where maximum implosion resistance is a must. Tight fit skirts come with a red rip cord.
Custom Setback– This is the distance between your backbone and the inside edge of the cockpit rim when you are sitting in your kayak. This measurement is used to place the tunnel on the deck of your skirt. The custom setback will prevent a sagging spot or a tight spot on the deck behind the tunnel. This is especially important if your position in your kayak is farther back or forward than average.
Please refer to the How to Order Custom page for details on the required measurements.