SW ll Bungee Custom
- Built with the same durable materials as our Tough Rim skirts, this high performance bungee skirt will satisfy even the most demanding freestyle paddlers.
- The easy-on qualities and the Skirtworks proprietary QuickGrab Handle (optional) make the SW II Bungee Custom an excellent choice for entry level paddlers.
- The burly 1/2 inch bungee holds on nice and tight while filling more of the space under the rim making it drier and more secure than a 3/8 inch bungee.
- The grip tape that runs the entire inside circumference of the casing assists with implosion resistance.
- Deck and tunnel constructed of 3.5 mm neoprene with heavy nylon laminate.
- 5.5 mm Kevlar casing for superior abrasion resistance where it’s needed the most.
- All SKIRTWORKS skirts are hand glued and taped for the driest and most secure seams.
- Custom skirt orders are processed in the order that they are received. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for all custom skirt orders.
What you get with a Skirtworks custom bungee skirt:
QuickGrab Handle- The optional QuickGrab Handle is secured to the deck on one end keeping the rip cord closer and easier to find when you are under water. This safety feature also makes it impossible to tuck the rip cord under the deck when you are putting the skirt on your kayak.
Custom Deck– No more saggy deck! Choose your deck size using the size chart. If you don’t see a size that matches your cockpit dimensions, no problem, choose the custom deck option and send us a cockpit tracing for the perfect fit.
Custom Setback– This is the distance between your backbone and the inside edge of the cockpit rim when you are sitting in your kayak. This measurement is used to place the tunnel on the deck of your skirt. The custom setback will prevent a sagging spot or a tight spot on the deck behind the tunnel. This is especially important if your position in your kayak is farther back or forward than average.
Please refer to the How to Order Custom page for details on the required measurements.